Ask NASCA District Employee Salaries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jake Wilson

Do any of your state’s agencies maintain any type of database of district employee salaries/benefit packages or is anyone aware of a national resource with that type of information? We are trying to get an idea of what is competitive regionally and nationally.

#15668 Reply
      Bethany Bzduch

Good Morning Jake,

In New York, we require Districts to submit annual reports that include District employee salary information.  We maintain this information in an internal spreadsheet and use the data to develop recommended hourly rates that can be used by SWCDs within our cost share programs.  Upon request, we are also able to use the data to support SWCDs as they are developing their local budget requests.

#15669 Reply
        Blair Gordon

Hi Jake,

In Virginia, our agency does not track that level of soil and water conservation district employee information, but the Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts completed a salary and benefits study last year of all 47 SWCDs in Virginia. I’m sure they would be willing to share that data with you. You can reach out to their Executive Director Dr. Kendall Tyree at kendall.tyree@vaswcd.org.

#15681 Reply
          Clare Ireland

Hi Jake,

We do a survey of district pay and benefits every other year here in Vermont. We just closed our 2023 survey, but once we have that information compiled in a publishable format, I’d be happy to share.

Clare

#15694 Reply
            Mike Baden

Hi Jake!

We don’t necessarily keep a database of district employee salaries/benefits.  We do have a Composite Rate sheet that we require each district to submit for each employee that will be charging to one of our grant programs as the composite rate (whole employee cost) is the rate we reimburse to a district.   We can get a pretty good idea of the salary information for each employee and since it’s submitted ithrough Formstack we can export and sort in any number of ways including by district, general job categories, full time/part time, etc.  You can see the form here if interested:  Composite Rate Form (Full & Part Time) – Formstack.

The information collected in the composite rate form for benefits is somewhat limited as although we can see the costs associated with the benefit we don’t ask for the healthcare, retirement, etc “plan” name.  I think we may have done some informal inquiries in the past.  We’ve seen districts themselves query each other on benefit information – some have taken a lead on this.

#15900 Reply
              Kathy Bircket

I am looking for information on salary base for Illinois Soil and Water District.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: District Employee Salaries
              Your information: