Ask NASCA Conservation District Handbook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Knauf Owen

Oklahoma Conservation Commission is beginning the process of revamping the Conservation District Handbook. In an attempt to not re-invent the wheel; we would like to hear from other States and see if they have recently (last 3 years) updated their handbook. If so, would you be willing to share it with us? Any and all input is appreciated.

#9544 Reply
      Jackie Thomas

I’m in AZ and in the weeds in dealing with mine right now. I wanted to make strictly a digital copy but in order to assist my supervisors it also needs to be as a PDF and printed. I’m including things that were not included in the past such as record retention information, Arizona gift clause, marketing, and communication strategies. Policy development is impotant too. The issue I’m having is trying to keep it small enough so that it’s referenced and detailed enough that it’s useful. I also would like to see what other states have created recently.

#9545 Reply
        Rob Hamilton

Ohio’s complete Administrative Handbook is on line at the link below:
          https://www.agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/divisions/soil-and-water-conservation/local-swcd-resources/

#9546 Reply
          Annie Felix-Gerth

We are nearly finished with a complete update on our operational handbook. The available chapters are listed on our website. The remaining chapters will be available later this winter.

#9547 Reply
            David Copeland

Hi – We have updated the Minnesota SWCD Operational Handbook within the past few years.

#9548 Reply
              Dick Went

Here’s our brand new handbook. (Rhode Island)

RI SCC Handbook_2020_Final

#9572 Reply
                Alisha Mulkey

Maryland’s handbook at link. Last updated in 2017
                  Maryland Handbook

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Aaron. Reason: added link
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                Reply To: Conservation District Handbook
                Your information: