Ask NASCA Agency Telework Policies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Knauf Owen

Yes, another request from me! As we start to re-open the state here in Oklahoma, we are discussing the implementation of a more formal telework policy for agency staff. Some of you may already have such a policy in place. If you do; would you mind sharing? Also, I would love to hear your thoughts – pros and cons of teleworking during regular times. Thanks for your input.

#9878 Reply
      David Copeland

Hi Lisa – The link I provided will take you to where you can access the telework policy for state of Minnesota employees which includes the Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR).

I will tell you as someone who has teleworked off and on for a number of years that it is all about trust and confidence that the employee will develop or maintain good work habits, just as he/she needed to do in the workplace. I know a number of studies have shown that it in fact increases productivity, but it can hamper creativity because one isn’t able to brainstorm with colleagues as easily. I think every organization should have a policy in place that allows the flexibility and it should be offered to every employee who’s main work tasks can be done remotely, given the tools and technology to do so.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Agency Telework Policies
      Your information: